Compiling krb5-1.6 for Windows

Danny Mayer mayer at ntp.isc.org
Tue Jan 30 08:06:26 EST 2007

Peger, Daniel Heinrich wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> Yes the build environment for KfW is pretty badly broken at least the
>> 3.0 environment which is what I ended up building (using VS 2005).
>
> Acutally i'm not trying too compile KfW but Kerberos itself. Is this
> possible at all on a Windows platform?

That's the same thing. KfW *is* Kerberos on Windows. I actually pulled
in the krb5-1.4.3 tree into it when I was doing it.

>> I wrote extensive notes on this just to get things to build.
>
> Do you mean the instructions in the README? If yes, at least I can't
> figure out how to build this solely based on the README...

No, I wrote my own notes during the process. I didn't publish them. The
README only takes you so far. There were a whole bunch of changes I had
to make to various makefiles in order to get it to include all of the
files required to put into the zip file as well as a bunch of other changes.

> Perhaps you
> could zip the fixed sources and mail them to my address?

No, I can't do that at the moment. It would be for krb5-1.4.3 and KfW
3.0 in any case. I haven't had a moment to look at newer versions.

Danny