Re.How to configure kerberos with windows 2000 AD

Christopher D. Clausen cclausen at acm.org
Mon Jan 29 14:54:57 EST 2007

Bharat Thakur <bharat.s.thakur at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have installed krb5 in linux AS4 . There is already running windows
> 2000 Advance Server. in the same network. I want to integrate
> kerberos with windows AD. So that AD user also can logon through
> linux client.  Kindly help me to do this.

Please don't cross post to this list and krbdev at mit.edu ; krb5-bugs at mit.edu  I'm guessing the good MIT folks don't like that.

Can you be more specific?  Do you want your linux machines to be clients to the Windows AD?  Or have a seperate KDC running for the Linux hosts?

Note that you'll need some method of getting AD users to have accounts on the Linux machines.  Kerberos ONLY handles authentication, not authorization.  (You might be able to use some LDAP stuff, buts thats beyond the scope of this list.)

<<CDC