Wiki?

Christopher D. Clausen cclausen at acm.org
Wed Jan 17 15:38:25 EST 2007

Jeff Blaine <jblaine at kickflop.net> wrote:
> It just seemed to me that there's a LOT of information
> that is incredibly scattered.  If nobody else is likely
> to contribute, then the hell with it.  I'm not going to
> spend the hours to share my notes if nobody else will
> offer some of their time.

IMHO, people who run services such as Kerberos need to be involved on
the mailing lists, file bug reports, etc.  Trying to setup anything from
a "guide" or "how-to" will result in problems in the long run when you
encounter something unexpected.

Also, aren't these type of questions what a FAQ is for?  Isn't there a
Kerberos FAQ?  (I thought Ken Hornstein was maintaining it.)  Perhaps
said FAQ could be moved to the wiki:
http://www.cmf.nrl.navy.mil/CCS/people/kenh/kerberos-faq.html

That being said, I'd be willing to contribute to a wiki, provided its
NOT running mediawiki.

<<CDC
--
Christopher D. Clausen