Wiki?

Jeff Blaine jblaine at kickflop.net
Wed Jan 17 15:18:48 EST 2007

Well, let me be clear here.  This would not be "my" wiki.
I (solely me) have a minute reward for any effort I put
into it.

It just seemed to me that there's a LOT of information
that is incredibly scattered.  If nobody else is likely
to contribute, then the hell with it.  I'm not going to
spend the hours to share my notes if nobody else will
offer some of their time.

So, I appreciate you giving me a heads up warning that
"it aint gonna happen."  Sad, but okay.

For instance, the seemingly simple task of...

   - implementing an MIT KDC under Solaris 9
   - finding and establishing a working Kerberos PAM module
     for Solaris 9 that can auth to modern MIT KDC

resulted in:

Notes: 4 pages of very valuable personal notes documenting every
        dead end and solution I hit

Bug: http://mailman.mit.edu/pipermail/kerberos/2007-January/010999.html
      Submitted and fixed by developer

Doc: http://mailman.mit.edu/pipermail/kerberos/2007-January/011000.html
      Submitted as bug and fixed by developer.  Excellent explanation
      provided in thread.

Doc: 2 Other "bugs" reported that were not posted to list.

Bug: http://mailman.mit.edu/pipermail/kerberos/2007-January/011005.html
      Submitted and fixed by developer

Doc: http://mailman.mit.edu/pipermail/kerberos/2007-January/011012.html
      Great explanation of 'host' principal history and reasoning

Sun Bug: http://mailman.mit.edu/pipermail/kerberos/2007-January/011023.html