One Time Identification, a request for comments/testing.

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Mon Feb 5 10:04:55 EST 2007

    g> On Feb 1, 6:47pm, Sam Hartman wrote: } Subject: Re: One Time
    g> Identification, a request for comments/testing.

    g> Good morning to everyone, hope your weekend is going well.

    >> OK, so the requirements you are trying to meet are:
    >>
    >> 1) soft token support for flash drives.
    >>
    >> 2) Support for central password management.
    >>
    >> 3) Allow minimal or no identifying information on the token.
    >>
    >> Any more?

    g> Just a point of clarification.

    g> Are we discussing requirements for general soft token support
    g> or what OTI attempts to bring to the table?

    g> If the latter is the case I would offer

    g> 	- Authentication attempt unique keying.

What is this?

    g> 	- Token invariance across password changes.  That may actually
    g> be a subset of #2 above.

Why do we want this as a requirement?