One Time Identification, a request for comments/testing.

g.w@hurderos.org g.w at hurderos.org
Sat Feb 3 10:29:29 EST 2007

On Feb 1,  6:47pm, Sam Hartman wrote:
} Subject: Re: One Time Identification, a request for comments/testing.

Good morning to everyone, hope your weekend is going well.

> OK, so the requirements you are trying to meet are:
>
> 1) soft token support for flash drives.
>
> 2) Support for central password management.
>
> 3) Allow minimal or no identifying information on the token.
>
> Any more?

Just a point of clarification.

Are we discussing requirements for general soft token support or what
OTI attempts to bring to the table?

If the latter is the case I would offer

	- Authentication attempt unique keying.

	- Token invariance across password changes.  That may actually
	  be a subset of #2 above.

Have a good weekend.

}-- End of excerpt from Sam Hartman

As always,
Greg

			 The Hurderos Project
         Open Identity, Service and Authorization Management
                       http://www.hurderos.org

"We trained hard......but every time we were beginning to form up into
teams, we would be reorganised. I was to learn later in life that we
tend to meet any new situations by reorganising.......  and a
wonderful process it can be for creating the illusion of progress,
while producing inefficiency and demoralisation."
                                -- Petronius (6 AD)