Kerberos Digest, Vol 60, Issue 9

Jeff Blaine jblaine at kickflop.net
Mon Dec 10 10:11:49 EST 2007

>>>    Key: vno 5, DES cbc mode with CRC-32, AFS version 3
>
> Have you tried using other salt types?
>
> 				-Marcus Watts

I'm afraid I don't have that luxury, if I understand you
correctly.  We have 900+ principals imported from AFS with keys
as above.  Currently this is all in testing and this is a report
of a snag in the testing.  Since it all works fine under Solaris
9 with MIT Kerberos, I consider this a problem with MIT Kerberos
as delivered in RHEL3, or something else outside of my current
knowledge.