kinit(v5): Cannot contact any KDC for requested ...

Gopal Paliwal gopalpaliwal at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 13:15:29 EDT 2007

Hi Chittaranjan,

I was also having the same problem in the initial stages of kerberos set-up.

It seems client-machine(where u r running kinit) is unable to find kdc
server.
THis is mostly due to the improper DNS set-up if u have done a DNS set-up.
Else look for the proper entries in your /etc/hosts file.
As said by Kevin, avoid using "localhost" term.

-gopal