AFS and kerberos

Volkmar Glauche volkmar.glauche at uniklinik-freiburg.de
Wed Aug 8 08:13:51 EDT 2007

Performance clearly depends on your data usage scheme... If your data is
write-once-read-many, then AFS may actually help you quite a lot. In our
environment (identical data is read approximately 5 times, but written
only once) average performance for applications is better than NFS by a
factor of 1.5-2. If your application does not read any data, but only
produces new data, then NFS is clearly faster.

Volkmar