more than one-preauth mechanism support in kerberos

Gopal Paliwal gopalpaliwal at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 23:02:43 EDT 2007

Hi,

I am implementing a OTP support mechanism in existing kerberos 1.6.1.
Till now, i have done the server changes and the AS_REP contains one more
required timestamp as OTP one. I wish to know, will the existing client be
able to send 2 preauth sequences (one is pa_enc_timestamp) and the other one
is my declared preauth-using OTP.
Or the client just sends any-one of the asked preauth type.
I see that the server is able to support more than one preauth-type sent by
the client by making it verify each preauth type in a loop but i am not sure
about how the client behaves in sending multi-preauth types.

Please help.

Regards,
-Gopal Paliwal