Where can I find how-to advice on setting up a local KDC?

Jeffrey Altman jaltman at secure-endpoints.com
Sat Aug 4 09:35:28 EDT 2007

Chris said that he thought the domain controller approach would be a bad
idea.  I agree.  A domain controller will require too much memory compared
to a bare bones linux install running just the KDC service.

Make sure you NAT the VM and add the appropriate entries to your krb5.ini
and hosts files for name resolution.

Jeffrey Altman