KfW 3.2 beta1, OpenAFS 1.5.18 integrated logon for Windows Server 2003 Terminalserver users

Volkmar Glauche volkmar.glauche at uniklinik-freiburg.de
Fri Apr 27 09:22:38 EDT 2007

Dear List,

I am having trouble getting the above configuration to perform integrated
logon on a Windows 2003 Terminal server. The exact configuration is:
- Samba 3.0.24 acting as Primary/Backup Domain Controller
- Windows 2003 server as domain member
- heimdal KDC with LDAP database backend
Whenever a user tries to login to a terminal server session, I get an
error message "Credential cache I/O failed: XXX". After being logged in,
obtaining tickets and AFS token works fine. However, integrated login
works for the same user if she is logging in to the server console
session, so I think there must be a permissions problem somewhere. I have
tried to ask this also on the OpenAFS side, this is what Jeff Altman said:

http://rt.central.org/rt/Ticket/Display.html?id=59277

I would greatly appreciate any hint on how to debug and fix this problem.

Yours,

--
Volkmar Glauche
-
Department of Neurology		volkmar.glauche at uniklinik-freiburg.de
Universitaetsklinikum Freiburg	Phone	49(0)761-270-5331
Breisacher Str. 64		Fax	49(0)761-270-5416
79106 Freiburg			http://fbi.uniklinik-freiburg.de/