Help with ticket expiry

Andrew B. Young andrew at an3e.org
Fri Sep 22 15:49:02 EDT 2006

Ken H.,

I do not have a /etc/kdc.conf, only
/usr/kerberos/share/examples/krb5/kdc.conf.
My /etc/krb5.conf file already has a [realms] section, where I define
AN3E.ORG.
I tried adding max_life and max_renewable_life = 72h in my realm defined
in /etc/krb5.conf with no noticeable affect after--

[ayoung:ayoung at ns1 ~]$ sudo /etc/rc.d/init.d/krb5kdc restart
[ayoung:ayoung at ayoung-g219 ~]$ kdestroy;kinit -l 72h;klist
09/22/06 12:45:25  09/23/06 12:45:25  krbtgt/AN3E.ORG at AN3E.ORG
        renew until 09/22/06 12:45:25

-andyy