Help with ticket expiry

Ken Hornstein kenh at cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Fri Sep 22 14:15:06 EDT 2006

> From the posts I've discovered this should be all I need do to increase
>the expire for the principal "ayoung".  Any thoughts? Thanks much!

The information you read was wrong.

You need to increase the following things:

- The expiration time on the user principal (which you did)
- The expiration time on the krbtgt principal (which you did do)
- The "max_life" parameter in kdc.conf (which it does not look like you did)

You should also probably change the expiration time on all of your service
principals as well.

I am not convinced "ticket_lifetime" is necessarily correct, but I would
do "kinit -l 72h" to be extra sure.

--Ken