kerberos/spnego sso closer

John User johnuser755 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 7 10:51:35 EDT 2006

Michael,
Not really sure myself. Did talk to a bea rep and was
given the same response , with the following
additional info:
when running ktpass on winn3k3 server and not setting
the encryption type, the default is: des-cbc-crc.
He could not answer why it made a difference though.

But FYI re your regeneration point: prior to this we
had regenerated the key a lot - though we never
actually specified the encryption type.
The only other change that accompanied this was the
encryption type being set to des-cbc-md5 in the
/etc/krb5.conf file on the linux box