Delegation w/ Java

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Tue Sep 5 15:35:37 EDT 2006

On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 11:50:52 -0700
Seema Malkani <Seema.Malkani at Sun.COM> wrote:

> Support for RC4-HMAC is available starting from J2SE 5.0 Update 7.
<snip>
> 3) Update Kerberos configuration file to include following:
> [libdefaults]
> default_tkt_enctypes = rc4-hmac
> default_tgs_enctypes = rc4-hmac

Hi Semma,

After upgrading to 1.5 update 8 I was able to get the example to work. But
I did not set these libdefaults parameters so I'm curious as to what
they do exactly. Under what conditions would undesireable behavior occur
as a result of not specifying the default enctypes to RC4-HMAC? Do they
just allow the client to report an error in the event DES is used?

Mike

--
Michael B Allen
PHP Active Directory SSO