Delegation w/ Java

Seema Malkani Seema.Malkani at Sun.COM
Tue Sep 5 14:50:52 EDT 2006

Support for RC4-HMAC is available starting from J2SE 5.0 Update 7.
However your account is setup for "DES" only. The native TGT in the
ticket cache has EType of DES. Ensure the Kerberos configuration is
setup to define the enctypes as per the Active Directory account settings.

To use RC4-HMAC Kerberos encryption type:

1) Upgrade to J2SE 5.0 Update 7 or later.

2) Ensure Kerberos account is setup for RC4-HMAC encryption type. Make sure
you have NOT selected "use DES" in the AD account settings, RC4-HMAC is
the default enctype on Windows. Reset the password used.

3) Update Kerberos configuration file to include following:
[libdefaults]
default_tkt_enctypes = rc4-hmac
default_tgs_enctypes = rc4-hmac

Seema