Compile problems on Solaris 2.6

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Mon Oct 30 20:37:47 EST 2006

On Oct 27, 2006, at 13:44, tomaddox at gmail.com wrote:
> I can't *really* blame MIT for not testing compatibility with a
> decade-old Solaris release, but I do wish they'd included a configure
> option for disabling ipv6.

We used to, but having more knobs than we want, we got rid of it.
However, the configure script can sets the flag automatically
depending on whether it thinks that the system has sufficient support
for IPv6.  Check in include/autoconf.h in your build tree to see if
KRB5_USE_INET6 is defined.  Problem is, as I indicated in my email
from the 26th, there may be places where we haven't properly
conditionalized things.

These would still be problems if we had the configure-time option,
because we aren't testing on any systems currently that don't have
IPv6 support (at least at compile time), so the code would still
compile, properly conditionalized or not.

Ken