ktpass aborted

chris123 lazyboy_2k at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 23 12:44:53 EDT 2006

Hi Guru,

I'm getting an aborted error when running a ktpass command on win2003 R2
server to generate a user acct & here is the error msg:

ktpass -princ host/winHost.sample.com at SAMPLE.COM -mapuser SAMPLE\ADuser
-crypto DES-CBC-MD5 +DesOnly -pass password -ptype KRB5_NT_PRINCIPAL -out
"c:\sol.keytab"

Targeting domain controller: winHost.sample.com using legacy password
setting method successfully mapped host/winHost.sample.com to ADuser.
Aborted

Could someone please help me to point out what 's wrong w/ this command
syntax & what should be a proper syntax?  Any helps/suggestions are really
appreciated.

TIA,
-Chris