Cannot conect LDAP to Kerberos

Diego Alencar Alves de Lima diegolima.br at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 00:29:59 EDT 2006

I'm trying to set up my ldap directory to use kerberos passwords. I have
compiled openldap with --with-kpasswd, added the principal
ldap/iceage.sg.org.br at SG.ORG.BR to kerberos. Also, I have prepared the user
entries in LDAP with these fields (in addition to other ones):

objectClass: krb5Principal
krb5PrincipalName: diego at SG.ORG.BR
cn: Diego Lima
userPassword: {KERBEROS}diego at SG.ORG.BR

I could contact the server using:
ldapsearch -H ldap://iceage.sg.org.br/ -x -b "" -s base -LLL
supportedSASLMechanisms

and it returned

dn:
supportedSASLMechanisms: GSSAPI

However when I try to use the kerberos database I get this error:

iceage:/etc/ldap# ldapsearch -H ldap:/// -I -b "" -s base -LLL
supportedSASLMechanisms
SASL/GSSAPI authentication started
SASL Interaction
Please enter your authorization name: diego
ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Local error (-2)
        additional info: SASL(-1): generic failure: GSSAPI Error:
Miscellaneous failure (Server not found in Kerberos database)

Any ideas?
Thanks!
--
Diego Lima