Domains with linux and windows

Paco Pelma amibasura at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 22 08:09:45 EST 2006

Hi.
In my work I do this for put a windows machine into the domain

1. Assign a valid name, for example w0000000

2. My pc/properties

3. Change name

4. Domain: my_domain

Then it prompts for a user an a password:

my_domain\my_user
my_password

I want to do this with a linux machine. I cofigure /etc/krb5.conf,
/etc/resolv.conf, /etc/nsswitch.conf and /etc/samba/smb.conf, but when
I run:

# kinit my_domain\my_user at my_domain

I get this message:

kinit(v5) cannot contact any kdc for requested realm...

In this linux machine I can connect to internet, I can see others
domain machines... But I can't no gain access to shared directories on
windows machines. Can u help me?

Thanks in advice