Credentials cache server unavailable

Jiva DeVoe jiva.devoe at sensis.com
Fri Nov 10 11:30:49 EST 2006

I have a daemon which I am trying to port to Mac OS X.  It uses the
GSS Api with Kerberos to do authentication.  I have it booting as
part of the SystemStarter scripts at boot time... but when it does,
and as part of this, it calls kinit (using a keytab) to set up the
initial principals.  However, I get this error message:

kinit: Error getting initial tickets: Credentials cache server
unavailable

Anyone know how I can fix this?

The script works fine if I run it after the machine is booted up and
in a terminal.