Kerberos slow on uptake, also getting errors on packet sniff

ttaggart@gmail.com ttaggart at gmail.com
Mon May 22 12:41:26 EDT 2006

I am having a problem with two new WIn2k3 servers I have recently
installed.  At the local site where we are connected directly to the
servers, everything is working as planned. Over our VPN connection to a
remote site, it is taking forever to login and get to shares.

I ran a packet sniff on the client pc in the remote site, and it seemed
like KRB5 requests were taking anywhere from 2 to 15 seconds.  Any idea
what might be causing this slowdown, it seems to be the first thing on
the list that looks off.

Thanks.