Sybase Installations??: Sybase 12.5, Powerbuilder 8 on Win XP client

herbert.chan@abnamro.com herbert.chan at abnamro.com
Fri May 19 10:40:45 EDT 2006

Hi,

We are implementing Kerberos on a Powerbuilder 8 client-server app (sybase
12.5 backend) running on Win XP on the client side. We have read
documentation on the Sybase website that we need to download Kerberos files
from MIT website and install them on the Sybase server. However, when we
asked around we are hearing that perhaps nothing needs to be done (Kerberos
is already "installed" on the client desktops as part of Windows).

Can someone please advise us on what (if anything) we need to do on the
Sybase server to make it work with Kerberos??

Many thanks in advance!!!!!

Herbert

privileged. If you have received it by mistake please notify the sender by
return e-mail and delete this message from your system. Any unauthorised
use or dissemination of this message in whole or in part is strictly
prohibited. Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change. ABN AMRO
Bank N.V, which has its seat at Amsterdam, the Netherlands, and is
registered in the Commercial Register under number 33002587, including its
group companies, shall not be liable for the improper or incomplete
transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any
delay in its receipt or damage to your system. ABN AMRO Bank N.V. (or its
group companies) does not guarantee that the integrity of this
communication has been maintained nor that this communication is free of
viruses, interceptions or interference.