Implementation of SSO in SAP-Active Directory

Vineet Arora VineetA at microland.net
Thu May 11 07:18:21 EDT 2006

Hi All,

I am trying to implement SSO for SAP and Active Directory. SAP system is
running on AIX 5.2. I am geeting the following error when comiling SNC
Adapter.
bash-3.00# make
        ./build."`uname -s`" make do-all
        xlc  -z -qlanglvl=ansi -qarch=com -qspill=1024 -qinfo -c snckrb5.c
/usr/bin/sh: xlc:  not found.
Stop.

I am following the "little how-to" from Calin to achieve the SSO.  I have
completed the following steps till now.

1. Created a service account in Active Directory
2. Exported the Keytab for this account
3. Installed the Kerberos ( Kerberos 1.3.4) on AIX server  .
4. Configured the krb.conf file.

After installing Kerberos, I was not able to find the kb5.conf file in /etc
diretory. So I have written one . The content of krb5.conf are:
[libdefaults]
        default_realm = TESTLAB.COM

[realms]
        TESTLAB.COM = {
                admin_server = testsetup22.testlab.com:749
                kdc = testsetup22.testlab.com:88
                default_domain = testlab.com

                }

[domain_realm]
        sap.testlab.com = TESTLAB.COM
        .sap.testlab.com = TESTLAB.COM
        testlab.com = TESTLAB.COM
        .testlab.com = TESTLAB.COM
The value "sap" specified in the [Domain_realm] section of krb.conf is the
name of OU created for SAP users in Active DIrectory.

Please help me to move forward. I will be highly obliged.

Warm Regards,
Vineet Arora

material. Any review, re-transmission, dissemination or other use of or
this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from your
computer. Microland takes all reasonable steps to ensure that its electronic
communications are free from viruses. However, given Internet accessibility,
the Company cannot accept liability for any virus introduced by this e-mail
or any attachment and you are advised to use up-to-date virus checking
software.