Kerberos and Solaris 9 problems

mr.bmonroe@gmail.com mr.bmonroe at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 11:28:45 EST 2006

Richard,

Thanks for the reply.  I'm not sure I know what to look for.  It's
strange.  Using ssh, if I issue a null password, I get the following
message:

     $ ssh chq-brettm at 0
     Password:
     Enter Kerberos password for chq-brettm:
     Kerberos authentication failed:  password incorrect

If I give a bogus password I get:

     ssh chq-brettm at 0
     Password:
     Enter Kerberos password for chq-brettm:
     Password:
     Enter Kerberos password for chq-brettm:
     Password:
     Enter Kerberos password for chq-brettm:
     Permission denied
(gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic,publickey,keyboard-interactive).

If I enter the correct password, I get :

     $ ssh chq-brettm at 0
     Password:
     Enter Kerberos password for chq-brettm:
     authentication failed:  Decrypt integrity check failed

The ADS server issued a keytab file using the following command:

     ktpass -princ host/hostname.com at REALM.COM -mapuser hostname -pass
hostname -out c:\temp\hostname.host.keytab

As I am not the ADS admin, I have limited visibility there.  Is there a
utility(s) I can use on Solaris to monitor Kerberos traffic or do I
need to pick apart snoop(1m) output?

Thanks again,
--Brett