Script issues building KFW 3.0 on Windows XP

Jeffrey Altman jaltman2 at nyc.rr.com
Wed Mar 15 14:24:26 EST 2006

Ryan:

This is a known issue.  There is a missing glue file that combines the
sources from the two repositories that are used to produced kfw.  kfw
is not entirely built from the krb5 source tree.  This will be fixed in
the next release.

The 'sprintf_instead_use_XXXX' identifier is coming from your Windows
SDK.  Microsoft in Visual Studio 8 has deprecated the use of the
C string functions and replaced them with a new string library that
is supposed to be more secure.   You will have to instruct VS8 to
disable this deprecation.  MIT builds KFW with VS.NET 2003.

Jeffrey Altman