allowtgtsessionkey

richk rkleter at SPAM.gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 23:44:21 EDT 2006

I have a question on the risks of changing allowtgtsessionkey registry
key in Windows to the value of 1 which is required if we want to use
java kerberos implementation on Windows.  I know Microsoft changed
started restricting access to TGT stating with Windows XP SP2 and have
given an option of turning this restriction off with allowtgtsessionkey
registry setting but we are not sure how security is compromised by
stealing a TGT.   After all, I noticed that on my Unix box my TGT is
cached on a file system and can be accessed by any process that is
running as me.

Thanks for your responses in advance.

Rich