ktadd from remote server using ssh

ahuja.nitin@gmail.com ahuja.nitin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 01:59:21 EDT 2006

Hi

I am trying to execute following command from a remote server.

# ssh krb.example.com "kadmin -k -t /etc/krb5/abc.keytab -p abc/admin
-q "ktadd -k /var/tmp/test-host.keytab -e des-cbc-md5:normal
host/test.example.com""

and getting following message

Authenticating as principal abc/admin at EXAMPLE.COM with keytab
/etc/krb5/abc.keytab.
Usage: ktadd [-k[eytab] keytab] [-q] [-e keysaltlist] [principal |
-glob princ-exp] [...]

But if execute the same command from krb.example.com it works

#kadmin -k -t /etc/krb5/abc.keytab -p abc/admin -q "ktadd -k
/var/tmp/test-host.keytab -e des-cbc-md5:normal host/test.example.com"

Authenticating as principal abc/admin at EXAMPLE.COM with keytab
/etc/krb5/abc.keytab.
Entry for principal host/test.example.com with kvno 6, encryption type
DES cbc mode with RSA-MD5 added to keytab
WRFILE:/var/tmp/test-host.keytab.

can anyone please help me and let me know what else i need to do to
make it work from remote server using ssh.

Thanks,
-Nitin