Kerberos for Windows 3.0/3.1

Jeffrey Altman jaltman2 at nyc.rr.com
Thu Jul 27 20:47:14 EDT 2006

Be sure you are using the version of the afs plugin that matches
KFW 3.1 Beta 1.  You can obtain it from https://www.secure-endpoints.com

The actual problem is an error in OpenAFS.  OpenAFS does not properly
clean up its resources when its libraries are unloaded before the
termination of the process.  This causes the exception.  NetIDMgr 1.1
provides a work around by allowing plug-ins to request that they not
be unloaded.  The most recent AFS plug-in makes the request.  The older
plug-in does not.

Jeffrey Altman