"last log" and other information tracking

Erich Weiler weiler at soe.ucsc.edu
Thu Jul 27 14:25:06 EDT 2006

Greetings all!

I'm having trouble finding the answer to a problem I'm having...
Basically, when I do a "getprinc username" through kadmin, I get:

kadmin:  getprinc user
Principal: user at DOMAIN.COM
Expiration date: [never]
Last password change: Fri Jul 21 16:26:28 PDT 2006
Password expiration date: [none]
Maximum ticket life: 1 day 00:00:00
Maximum renewable life: 0 days 00:00:00
Last modified: Fri Jul 21 16:26:28 PDT 2006 (admin/admin at DOMAIN.COM)
Last successful authentication: [never]
Last failed authentication: [never]
Failed password attempts: 0
Number of keys: 6
Key: vno 4, Triple DES cbc mode with HMAC/sha1, no salt
Key: vno 4, ArcFour with HMAC/md5, no salt
Key: vno 4, DES with HMAC/sha1, no salt
Key: vno 4, DES cbc mode with RSA-MD5, no salt
Key: vno 4, DES cbc mode with CRC-32, Version 4
Key: vno 4, DES cbc mode with CRC-32, AFS version 3
Attributes:
Policy: [none]
kadmin:

Note that it says "Last successful authentication: [never]" and "Last
failed authentication: [never]".  That user has in fact authenticated
many times, and has failed a few too.  Is there a way I can get that
information to be logged so it will show up with the above "getprinc
user" command?  I've looked through the "logging" documentation but am
stumped...  Thanks in advance for any advice!

ciao, erich