Database seems to have become corrupted

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Thu Jul 20 17:01:48 EDT 2006

On Jul 20, 2006, at 10:44, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
> get_principals: Database record is incomplete or corrupted while
> retrieving list.

Do you have any notion what might've been changed since the previous
kprop run when you got a successful dump?  It's great that you've
recovered your database, of course, but now, if we can identify a
possible cause for the corruption, perhaps we can reduce the chances
of similar problems in the future....  Any interesting operations
being performed on the database, especially locally via
kadmin.local?  Any interesting events in the OS logs, like disk
problems or running out of space?  Etc....

Ken