Database seems to have become corrupted

Ken Hornstein kenh at cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Thu Jul 20 11:02:24 EDT 2006

>I'm operating remotely today and don't want to completely hose the
>system.  Could someone give me a few hints as to what the simplest
>thing to do would be?

The simplest thing to do would be to copy the file "from_master" back to
the master, and use "kdb5_util load" to load it back into the database.
That's probably the most recent good copy of the database that you'll have
available.

(Personally, I do a dump of the KDC database once a week to somewhere
else on the filesystem, just in case of database corruption).

--Ken