Unable to find requested database type

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Sun Jul 16 07:36:27 EDT 2006

On Jul 14, 2006, at 17:22, Cy Schubert wrote:
> Upgrading a testbed here, I'm receiving messages stating "Unable to
> find
> requested database type" from krb5kdc and kdb5_util, on a FreeBSD
> platform.
> Running truss against applications show that it successfully stats
> db2.so.
> What else should I look at?

It's likely caused by our plugin code not properly loading the
module.  If it doesn't open the file after the stat call, the likely
cause is a bug in our configure scripts such that dlopen won't be
used if the "dl" library isn't found.  (We check for dlopen in that
library, but not for dlopen being available *without* that library.
If we can't link against that library and find the function, we
lose.  Oops.)  This is discussed in http://krbdev.mit.edu/rt/Ticket/
Display.html?id=3971 .

If it does try to open it, and fails after that point, it may be
something new....

Ken