Decrypt integrity check failed

jonr@destar.net jonr at destar.net
Mon Jul 10 20:29:50 EDT 2006

Quoting "Richard E. Silverman" <res at qoxp.net>:

>     jonr> I have a slave kdc and am trying to get the master to kprop the
>     jonr> db to the slave.  I continually get this error: kprop: Decrypt
>     jonr> integrity check failed while getting initial ticket
>

>     >> From what I have read it is a wrong password for one of the hosts
>     >> in the
>     jonr> database.
>
> No; the problem here is probably the key of the master kdc's host
> principal, on the slave.  The slave uses it to authenticate the peer and
> compare to kpropd.conf, which lists the hosts allowed to update the
> slave's copy of the KDB.

Thanks for the help Richard, I have been slowly slipping into madness trying to
grasp kerberos. The file that the slave looks in to validate is the
kadm5.keytab file, is that correct? I have tried scp'ing this file to my slave
thinking that would have the correct permissions, this did not work, same
error.

How do I fix this error? If you just have a document or a link that would
explain how to recover from such an error, I will do all the reading to figure
it out for myself. But I have not found anything that tells me how to fix this
error in a way that I understand.

Thanks again for the help,

Jon