Decrypt integrity check failed

jonr@destar.net jonr at destar.net
Mon Jul 10 17:31:20 EDT 2006

I have a slave kdc and am trying to get the master to kprop the db to the slave.
I continually get this error:
kprop: Decrypt integrity check failed while getting initial ticket

>From what I have read it is a wrong password for one of the hosts in the
database. I have removed from the DB both of the hosts and readded them back in
using kadmin, then ktadd to extract the host keytab, but I recieve the same
error.

I have become horribly confused at this point, how do I add the hosts and get
the correct password? Do I need to run kdb5_util create -s on the slave, I
don't think I should have to but I am grasoing for straws at this point. Are
all that is needed for the slave is a kdc.conf and a krb5.conf file?

Thanks for any help,

Jon