anyone who has a working heimdal + krb5-telnet + Cisco????

jay alvarez kerber0sb0y at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 18 00:49:50 EST 2006

 Good day!

  I'm trying to configure a Cisco router (7206 12.2) to use krb5-telnet as the default authentication however I bumped into the following problems:

  On kdc:
  encode_as_rep_as_tgs_rep = true (krb5.conf {kdc})
  del_enctype host/our.router {all except des-cbc-crc }

  On router:
  #conf t
  #aaa new-model
  #aaa authentication login default krb5-telnet krb5 group radius local
  #kerberos local-realm OUR.REALM
  #kerberos srvtab entry remote 10.10.10.1 /tftp/krb5.keytab

  And I got:

   [OK - 71 bytes]
   truncated srvtab!... Discarding
   Failed to retrieve srvtab from tftp://10.10
  1 1 8

   And if I don't delete other etypes I got:

   [OK - 209 bytes]
   No principals in srvtab! Discarding...
   Failed to retrieve srvtab from tftp://..! ..
   1  3 8

  However when looked into my running config using sho run I can see that the
  host/our.router at OUR.REALM has been created

   On des-cbc-crc encryption srvtab:
   the timestamp is followed by these numbers (1 1 8  ) which means that indeed it uses des...

   While the other srvtab has (1 3 8)

   On both cases:
  When I try telneting to our.router:

  #telnet our.router
  [ Trying mutual KERBEROS5 (host/our.router at OUR.REALM)... ]

  *** Connection not encrypted! Communication may be eavesdropped. ***

  Server refused to   negotiate encryption.

  ##

  It failed....

  If I don't remove all encryption types for that host principal, the router doesn't throw any "Truncated" error but instead it says "  No principals in srvtab! "..it both cases, the same "Server refused to negotiate encrypt! ion" error occurs..

  Any idea where I might went wrong??
 Aren't heimdal and MIT are both compatible with Ciscos'???

  That's all for now... thanks!!