krb5-1.4.3 and Solaris 2.5.1

Jeremy Thomas Hunt jeremyh at optimation.com.au
Tue Jan 17 22:39:52 EST 2006

I had similar type problems building with Solaris 2.5.1 (sigh!)

I took a different tack with the "uint" problem:

1. I patched krb5-1.4.3/src/lib/gssapi/krb5/gssapi_krb5.hin so it did
not use inttypes.h, and replaced it with the one  typedef it seemed to
really need:
         typedef  u_longlong_t gss_uint64;
2. I ran configure with the following options:
               --without-krb4 --disable-thread-support
  you may need krb4, but ditch thread support.
3. I only built the client, not the server software for Solaris 2.5.1,
so I removed references to the slave directory  from the top level Makefile
4. Then I ran a make. I had no problems with the build and no problems
with my testing.

Good luck.

Jeremy