local ticket-cache for ldap requests

Andreas Bauer andreas_bauer at arcor.de
Wed Jan 4 07:25:03 EST 2006

Hello NG,

i have  SuSE 10.0/9.3 Clients (krb5 rpm), which get their tickets right at
login from a KDC of a Windows 2003 Server. After sign-on of the clients
klist displays the valid ticket of the user for 10 hours. I created the
keytabfile on the win
server,installed it on the client, configured the /etc/krb5.conf and the
SuSE client.
So I think, clients logon over kerberos and not ldap.
The local ticket-cache for ldap requests? Do I need the local ticket-cache
for ldap requests at all, that the kerberos
logons of the SuSE users are working for me?

I have another question about installing the local ticket-cache for
ldap-service on SuSE 10.0/9.3 clients:
I found out, that the default ticket cache of Kerberos has to be overwritten
from nssldap.
Otherwise ticket cache is malfunctioned. I found out, NSSLDAP only can do
this, if I would compile the nssldap module with the options:
--configurable-krb-ccname-gssapi.
Are the suse 9.3/10.0 rpms already compiled with this options?
I have a well acting network based on nss_ldap, what's going on after
deinstalling
the rpm nss_ldap package and new installing and compiling the nss_ldap
module from padl.com?

Thanks a lot and best regards
Andreas