Oracle Advanced Security Option and Kerberos

Craig Huckabee huck at spawar.navy.mil
Mon Feb 27 07:46:53 EST 2006

Douglas E. Engert wrote:

> Your assessment of Oracle support appears to be what we are hearing as
> well.
> Which is too bad, is it does not look like it would take to much to make
> it work better.
>
> Are you interested in pursuing additional changes, if we can get enough
> different organizations to complain?

   We're very interested - the Navy has an enterprise license to use
Oracle, thus many DoD/Navy commands such as ours are being directed to
use it when a database is called for.

   I also got a laugh when our Oracle sales representative told us we
would be 'unsupported' if we chose to use their products with Kerberos
(specifically their OID and portal products).  I had to explain that
their Active Directory integration they were touting so highly depended
on a key component of AD, namely Kerberos.  Ridiculous.

   --Craig

--
/ Craig Huckabee        |          e-mail: huck at spawar.navy.mil /
/ Code 715-CH           |           phone: (843) 218 5653       /