Oracle Advanced Security Option and Kerberos

Craig Huckabee huck at spawar.navy.mil
Fri Feb 24 11:55:00 EST 2006

Douglas E. Engert wrote:

> Oracle has had Kerberos support for about 10 years via the Oracle Advanced
> Security Option (ASO) formally know as Oracle Advanced Networking Option.
> There are a lot of articles from 1998-2003 on using the ASO but very
> little after.

And Oracle's support staff knows very little about it as well.

> I am looking for other Kerberos sites that use Oracle with or without the ASO
> who would like to see the ASO improved. I would also be interested to know if
> you have approached Oracle on improvements, and what was their response.

I have contacted them on behalf of our organization, and filed bug
reports - the response has been "Yeah, that's the way it works - too
bad.  No plans to fix that".

Oracle's tech support is more interested in closing the ticket quickly
than providing an actual answer or fix, IMHO.

--Craig

--
/ Craig Huckabee        |          e-mail: huck at spawar.navy.mil /
/ Code 715-CH           |           phone: (843) 218 5653       /