Kerberos program

Jeffrey Altman jaltman2 at nyc.rr.com
Wed Feb 8 16:47:48 EST 2006

Anita Delutri wrote:
> I have a Kerberos on my bottom right toolbar of my home computer.  I
> believe my college son put it there. No offense, but how do i get rid of
> it?  I looked at the add/remove option on system tools and it is not
> listed as a program.  Please help.  Thanks.

If it is MIT Kerberos for Windows there will be an add/remove entry
in the Add/Remove Programs Control Panel entitled "MIT Kerberos for
Windows".   If it is not MIT Kerberos for Windows as distributed by
MIT, you will have to find out what installer was used to install it.

A manual uninstallation is always possible.  Examine the shortcut
in the Start->Programs->Startup Folder to determine what path the
executables and libraries were installed into.  Delete the shortcut
and then the folder containing the executables and libraries.
Then edit the PATH environment variable in the System Control Panel
to eliminate the reference to the executable's path.

Jeffrey Altman