Cannot resolve network address for KDC in requested (error 220)

Edward Murrell edward at dlconsulting.com
Thu Dec 21 21:40:52 EST 2006

This is a really fast response, since I'm about to disappear out the
door for Xmas.

Probably cause.
a) krb5.conf doesn't have kdc address
b) DNS doesn't have kdc address
c) address specified for kdc is internal address (eg kdc.local.lan.only)
d) address specified for kdc no longer exists for some strange reason
(broken DNS server?)
e) The routers are screwing up the DNS.  Try manually setting the DNS
servers manually to your ISPs servers.

Cheers
Edward