Krb5 native and JGSS messages

Fredrik Tolf fredrik at dolda2000.com
Mon Aug 21 15:48:30 EDT 2006

Dear List,

I'm intending to write a network client kind of program that's supposed
to run on Windows, so I decided it to write it in Java, and I want it to
authenticate to the server with Kerberos. The server, however, uses the
native MIT krb5 APIs to "do its stuff", while the only option I know in
Java is to use the org.ietf.jgss API.

So, I'm wondering, are the messages created by JGSS compatible with the
ones used by the native MIT API? In other words, can I use the JGSS
implementation to authenticate to this server (more specifically, it is
the MIT krshd server I want to authenticate to)?

Fredrik Tolf