KDC doesn't behave pproperly when client is running on other machine ?

Rajeshwar Singh Jenwar rsjenwar at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 05:47:34 EDT 2006

Hi All,

I am preparing an GSSAPI based  SMTP client.
My KDC and Sendmail SMTP server  is running on m1.tesdomain.com.
After configuaring krb5.conf and kdc.conf and applying principal for smtp
service.
When i run SMTP client on m1.testdomain.com it(RH8), it works well.
But when i run SMTP client on m2.testdomain.com(RH FC4), after configuring
my /etc/krb5.conf obviously, it fails (KDC crashes:((
Do i need to need to transter krb5.keytab on m2.testdomain.com to make it
work ?
But i think keytab is need only where service's server is running.
Any pointer on what is going wrong ?

Thanks & Regards,
RSJ