JAAS -Incorrect address format-Heimdal Kerberos

vpouli@gmail.com vpouli at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 03:43:28 EDT 2006

hello,
I am trying to execute the jaas authentication tutorial sited in the
following url: "
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/security/jgss/tutorials/AcnOnly.html
". But when I set the "useTicketCache" option to true in the jaas.conf
configuration file and run the code it returns the error:
"Incorrect address format."
Authentication failed:
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

I also add the option: 'ticketCache="/tmp/krb5cc_0"' but the error
remains.

Before running the code of the tutorial, I have executed heimdal's
kinit so the TGT of the principal is placed in the ticketCache, in the
"/tmp/krb5cc_0" file.

>From the debugging I understand that it gets that error, after reading
the HostAddresses contained in the ticketCache, but I don't know why?

The version of kerberos I am using is 'heimdal daily snapshot october
2005'.

Does anyone have a clue why this fault occurs?

Thanks in advance!