KfW starting and stopping Network Identity Manager

petesea@bigfoot.com petesea at bigfoot.com
Thu Apr 20 19:49:44 EDT 2006

Is it possible to start the Network Identity Manager (netidmgr.exe)
WITHOUT prompting for credentials?

I'd like to have it start on boot, but I just want it to start minimized
in the system tray even if there are no credentials.  I'd prefer it wait
until an application (eg, WinCVS,TortoiseCVS using ssh/gssapi) actually
attempts to retrieve credentials before it prompts for anything.

I've tried using no options and I've tried with -a, but in either
case it prompts for credentials.

On the flip side, stopping the Network Identity Manager.  Is there a
"correct" way to cleanly stop it from the command line?  I've tried using
"-k" (like krbcc32s.exe) but it doesn't appear to be supported.  The only
way I've been able to terminate the process is to kill it.  Again, I'm
looking for a way to close it from the command line.

And no matter how it's killed, even by doing right-click->Exit, on the
tray icon, the krbcc32s.exe process seems to remain running.  I then need
to kill it with "krbcc32s -k".   If netidmgr closes shouldn't it close
krbcc32s?  Is there a valid reason krbcc32s is left running?

Are there any other processes that might be left running other then
krbcc32s?