Kerberos Client - Solaris 9 (Step-by-Step Guide to Kerberos 5 interop)

Will Fiveash William.Fiveash at sun.com
Mon Apr 17 14:08:31 EDT 2006

On Mon, Apr 17, 2006 at 04:17:57AM -0700, Hoo Fabian wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am new to kerberos. I would like to know what must I
> do to enable the kerberos lient on the solaris 9
> server? Do I need to install a new package SEAM 1.0.X?
> Or can I use the exisitng Kerberos package from the
> default install.

There is online documentation to help you configure SEAM/Kerberos in
Solaris 9.

http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/817-0365/6mg5vpmhj?q=kerberos&a=view

You should not have to install any additional packages in Solaris 9 to
use Kerberos unless you want support for Kerberos authentication in
remote applications like telnet, rlogin, rsh and so on.  For that you
need SEAM 1.0.2 which can be downloaded via:

http://onesearch.sun.com/search/onesearch/index.jsp?col=downloads-products&qt=SEAM+1.0.2

--
Will Fiveash
Sun Microsystems Inc.