Kerberos support in Thunderbird

Mark Sirota msirota at isc.upenn.edu
Sun Sep 11 19:28:13 EDT 2005

--On Sunday, September 11, 2005 6:27 PM +0100 Markus Moeller
<huaraz at moeller.plus.com> wrote:
> is there also somewhere a documentation of how to enable it ? I didn't
> see any option when setting up an account nor for an outgoing smtp
> server.

Make sure "Use Secure Authentication" is checked in the "Security
Settings" tab for IMAP and POP (the "Never" radio button for secure
connection works just fine). Nothing special needs to be done for SMTP
(if Kerberos tokens exist, SMTP will take advantage of the credentials if
possible).

For Windows, a special pref needs to be set to get MIT's Kerberos
For Windows (and it's GSSAPI library) used instead of Microsoft's
sspi.

This line:

user_pref("network.auth.use-sspi", false);

Needs to be put into a user's "prefs.js" in their user profile dir,
or use options | advanced | config to change the pref.

Mark
--
Mark Sirota, Associate Director, Network Engineering and Services
University of Pennsylvania, Information Systems and Computing