SPNEGO wrapper tokens not generated....

Saumil Mehta saumil at voltage.com
Tue Sep 6 21:19:20 EDT 2005

Hello,

This is tangentially a SPNEGO Kerberos issue since I am trying to enable
SPNEGO support for NTLM currently (the majority of folks seem to be
using SPNEGO for Kerberos, but our requirements at work are slightly
different).

When my server sets the WWW-Authenticate header to "Negotiate", both IE
and Firefox respond with *raw* NTLM packets as opposed to NTLM wrapped
in SPNEGO. I've tried to tweak all the browser settings that I know of
to no avail. Are there any registry settings that need to be modified?

Any clues? I'm running both client/server on XP and am also using HTTPS.

Please let me know if you've come across this before.

Thanks!
-Saumil